Senior Move Management – downsizing and move support
Moving home can be an overwhelming experience, financially, logistically and emotionally. But particular for senior adults who might not have moved for many years and so will have to leave an abundance of memories behind when moving to a downsized property or retirement home.
When faced with this major challenge, it might not always be possible to rely on family and friends, due to their own commitments or when this is logistically not viable. Because of that an independent Move Manager, working solely on behalf of the client with no conflicting interests, might be just what is needed.
We are accredited partners of The Senior Move Partnership (NASMM registered), specialised and trained to support you all the way. We are here every step of the process assisting with all aspects of the move, whether you need help with decluttering, arranging auctioneers, clearance companies or need support dealing with solicitors and estate agents. On moving day, we can be there, offering emotional and physical support. As APDO-registered Professional Organisers, we can unpack and organise your new home, so taking stress and overwhelm away from you, while you can be assured of our credentials.
All our packages are tailor made to the requirements of our clients – main services are:
- Staging (professional staging can be arranged through a third party – additional costs apply)
- Arranging valuations for auction
- Arranging charity collection and waste removals
- Helping with the administration involved when moving
- Source packing materials
- Drawing up a furnished floor plan of your new house enabling you to visualise what furniture will fit
- Liaising with the removal company in preparation, during and after the move
- Unpacking boxes
- Organising your new home, including dealing with change of address notifications, coordinate connections to the utility companiese
We offer support where you need us most, taking away the stress and worry, leaving you time and space to settle in.